Solid growth in ISO 27001 certifications is reported. The International Standards Organisation (ISO) reports a 20% rise in ISO 27001 certifications worldwide. ISO and IEC’s standard for information security, ISO/IEC 27001 saw a 20% increase to 27,536 certificates worldwide. This is reported through the ISO Survey of Certifications. The ISO Survey of Certifications is an annual survey of the number of valid certificates to ISO management system standards worldwide.
ISO 27001 is the best-practice framework for implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS). Through a risk balanced focus on technology, processes and people the standard will help design and implement an ISMS that will both help protect, detect & respond and recover in case of a cyber security incident.
This survey certainly supports what we are seeing as well. More and more organisations are implementing an ISMS according to the ISO 27001 standard and reaping the benefits such as:
- Safeguards business interests
- Supports business objectives
- Achieves a competitive business advantage
- Enables cost effective and relevant security based on risk
- Aligns with the industry standard for information security management
- Supports your preferred supplier status and/or tender responses
- Clearly sets out how to address and manage the key information security requirements
- Demonstrates how information and information systems are safeguarded
- Helps to prepare for the unexpected
In JSC Consultant our approach is:
- All our Senior Consultants have an extensive background in business
- They also have many years of ISO 27001 training, assessment and implementation experience
- No project is the same and hence time is spent understanding the specific situation of the client
- Projects typically include a thorough gap analysis and risk assessment as input for the system design
So if you are considering ISO 27001 call us now (+44 (0)20 8798 9282) to discuss how we can help you design and implement a great ISO 27001 compliant Information Security Management System and avoid all the pitfalls.
For further information that might be of interest please also see:
- What is ISO 27001, Information Security and why should you use it?
- Designing ISO 27001 for Business
- ISO 27001 Implementation Checklist
- What is ISO 27001 and why should a company adopt it?